Sports Premium Funding 2020-21
TARGET: To ensure ALL children benefit from a minimum of 2 hours quality PE curriculum time every week.
TARGET: To increase participation in PE and sport across KS1 & KS2 outside of curriculum time.
TARGET: To increase the amount of girls in KS2 involved in competitive sporting events.
BOLD – Targets and how targets are going to be achieved.
ITALICS – How progress and overall targets are going to be measured.
Quality of teaching, staff development through CPD and further subject leader development through the ATLP Curriculum Development Working Groups.
- Clear timetabling stating at least 2 hours PE time for each class
- Curriculum map in place that ensures coverage and progression in skills
- Progress and assessment against curricular plan to be monitored on a half termly basis
- Provide non specialist teachers with high quality planning, which is fully resourced, for them to adapt for use with their class.
- Observe PE across the school and provide support and CPD for staff where necessary
- Increase KS1 & KS2 competitions outside of school hours.
- To produce a robust assessment strategy.
- Lessons to be consistently “good” and working to outstanding.
- Run an extensive extra – curricular programme for KS1 and KS2.
- CPD opportunities for staff for improve in certain PE topics.
- Ensure PE lessons are challenging for children working at all levels, including those identified as GD
- To have inclusive PE & PA activities.
- Equip children with coaching/sports leader skills & sign post to outside clubs.
All information is matched to the Slade Primary School PE Policy.
- Review of timetables including short, medium and long term planning to be reviewed on a half termly basis to allow for changes where suitable.
- Learning walks by PE lead will occur termly to assess planning, consistent quality of teaching and learning and assessment strategies.
- A CPD programme will be created for staff to ensure the development of subject knowledge.
- CPD by external agencies for staff.
- Review of current staff and questionnaire to establish areas for development.
- Team teaching and lesson observation opportunities between PE Lead and staff.
- Award of School Games Bronze award working to Silver.
- Analysis of extra – curricular participation including gender, year group and activity.
- Pupil & Parent voice termly with a varying ability of children across KS2.
- Girls only activities. This Girl Can.
- Audit to replenish current resources and purchase new resources for staff and pupils.
- To aid G&T and lower ability.
- High quality planning resources for all staff.
- High quality assessment procedures for all staff.
- Become ASA Charter School for Swimming.
- Wellness month for children & staff. Healthy school’s initiative.
- Increase & record PA up to 60 mins per day
- Change 4 Life club for targeted children.
- Membership of AfPE & YST.
- Lesson observation will take place to assess quality of resources for varying ability pupils.
- Review of teaching resources and questionnaire with staff to discuss areas for development and purchase resources accordingly.
- Use of national Child Measurement data from Birmingham City Council.
- Use of ASA swimming assessment for all swimmers.
- Assessment strategies will be reviewed termly.
- Sports Day Venue.
- Aston Villa Schools Partnership Package - one day per week sports coach and additional opportunities.
- Trips. Football Internationals, National Basketball Finals etc.
- Extra-Curricular possibilities. Aston Schools Football League.
- External transport to events. Lease of Mini Bus.
- Healthy Schools initiative.
- Activ8 Physical Activity with numeracy & literacy resources.
- Analysis of participation for extra-curricular and trips, including gender and year group.
- Pupil voice to see what pupils would like to have as extra-curricular opportunities.
- Outcomes from Wellness Month Jan 2018 leading to healthy life styles for both children & staff.
- Analysis of effects on numeracy and literacy using PA.
- Residential for KS2 pupils. Building confidence and self-esteem ready for transition to senior school
- Review activities and venue annually.